Sam ‘The Navigator’ Caven
Sam is our Project Manager and main man here at Dabbert Custom Homes. He’s been with us for five years, making him the “godfather” and holder of all the knowledge in the office. From scheduling, ordering materials, estimating & budgeting, communicating with vendors, subcontractors, homeowners and site superintendents …. He’s basically two nails and hammer away from building the homes himself. Outside Dabbert, Sam basically lives in the wilderness! He has a love for all things outdoors – bow hunting, fishing, trapping and of course that lake-life with his better half Kara. Get to know some more about him below~
- What are 3 words that describe you?
Adventurous, Reliable, Diligent
- What storybook or cartoon character do you most relate to and why?
Bugs Bunny – the Buzzfeed quiz I took said so
- Favorite movie?
- What’s your strangest hidden talent?
I can sit in a deer stand still for 12 hours straight – but can’t sit still in the office for more than 5 minutes
- What’s the coolest place you’ve traveled?
Argentina – Dove Hunting OR Kodiak Island, Alaska
- Do you have any strange phobias?
Having to eat salad without croutons
- Does pineapple belong on pizza?
It is a key ingredient!
- If a movie were being made about Dabbert Custom Homes, what famous character would best represent your CEO?
That’s too easy, Fix-it Felix
- How long have you been with Dabbert Custom Homes?
- What do you love most about your job?
Working with our team to construct a client’s dream and watching their vision come together from start to finish
If you can get Sam to sit still long enough, stop by the office and say hi!