These tools and resources can help homebuyers with new construction and purchasing existing properties
If you or someone you know has been dreaming of buying or building a home in Moorhead, Minn., city residents and the state of Minnesota are trying to make that much more attainable.
- Participating lenders offer down payment and affordable mortgage programsthrough the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA)
- Homebuyer educationto walk you through the process is available through Lakes & Prairies Community Action Agency
- The City of Moorhead offers the First & New Loan Program, an incentive for first-time homebuyers buying or building a new home; $5,000 no interest, no payment loan until sold or vacant to be used for special assessments.
- The Make Moorhead Home Property Tax Rebateprovides a 2-year property tax rebate incentive for homebuyers buying or building a new home, a value of $7,000 on a $300,000 home.
- The Welcome Home pass, an all-access recreation pass for buyers of newly constructed homes (first occupant)—includes a season golf pass, swimming, and more.
Whether you’re building new or buying an existing home, it’s an excellent time to make that investment as property values are stable and interest rates are low.
Why should you feel confident choosing to live in Moorhead? It has a small-town feel with big-town amenities, quiet streets, friendly people and is an organized and caring city. Moorhead community members can attest to it being a great place to live, grow up and raise a family.
Are you ready to learn more? Visit makemoorheadhome.com for more information on how to make your dream of owning a home in Moorhead a reality.